Simply Delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
A very moist banana bread that's loaded with chocolate chips!
- Loaf pans or bundt pan, metal is preferred
- 1 18.25 pkg. yellow cake mix (Make batter per package directions. Some box mixes require melted butter, eggs, and milk.)
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare baking pan by spraying with cooking spray, then coasting lightly with 1/8 - 1/4 cup flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix per package directions. (A gluten free yellow cake mix will work well for this recipe.)
- Mash or puree bananas. Add mashed banana and spices to cake batter. Mix well.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Don't overtake. Bread will be done when a knife or toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
- Remove from the pan while still warm. Serve warm or cold. If desired, serve with a dollar of whipped cream and/or chocolate syrup.