Oh Lord, oh Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! ~ Psalm 8:1 KJV
As a friend and I chatted recently, we shared our amazement—and joy—of God at work in our lives. How we were feeling the desire to show our gratitude over and over again to Him for His provision. To sing His praises, to offer Him thanksgiving, and to use what He had given us to His honor and glory.
We realized that when God’s grace touches our lives—be it simple daily things or the salvation of our souls—the rest of life becomes thanksgiving and praise. While a simple “thank you, Lord” is a beautiful praise to Him, He also loves our creativity.
Have you ever tried praising Him alphabetically?
- What an Amazing God You are!
- Thank you, Beautiful Savior, for our salvation!
- We praise You, Lord, for your Compassion!
Or praising Him as He is revealed in each book of the Bible?
- God of Genesis, You created our world and all of life! You created me!
- God of Psalms, You bring comfort, joy, forgiveness, and songs to my heart!
- God of Revelation, You hold the future—our future! Our times are in Your hands!
Or praising God with His Word itself.
- Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto Thy name give glory …. Psalm 115:1 KJV
- Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord. Psalm 150:6 KJV
- Let us … offer …praise to God continually … Hebrews 13:15 KJV
Or praising God in song—even if it is only a joyful noise!
- Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee, How great Thou art!